From Our Charter
We are a nonprofit social organization for the research, study and enjoyment of Austria philately. Our society is open for membership to all who have an interest in Austria philately and who are at least eighteen years of age.
1. Serves as a focal point for collectors of Austria philately who wish to study Austria, share philatelic interests, and/or participate in any of the society's activities.
2. Publishes a society journal four times a year, containing articles with color images, information of interest to the beginner, intermediate and specialist collector of Austria philately. The journal also serves as a forum for communication among members.
3. Conducts at least one society auction of Austrian and Austria area related philatelic materials per year for the benefit of society members.
4. If requested by the membership, establish a philatelic library of information relating to Austrian philately for the use and benefit of society members.
5. Maintain a web site to make available Austrian-related philatelic information, current items of interest, and to serve as a forum for society members.
6. If requested by members, establish a sales circuit for the members to buy and sell Austrian-related philatelic material.
7. Maintain a mentor program available for members wishing assistance in the pursuit of their collecting of Austrian philately.
8. Establish additional programs, activities and services requested and supported by society members.